The Associates of the Congregation of the
Missionary Sisters of the Precious Blood.
Who are they?
They are the people (men and women) who want to live their baptismal call, their faith according to the CPS Spirituality. Their apostole is to be witness of the Redeeming Love of Christ.
The Objective of this movement of the CPS Associates is: Through the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ, our Redeemer, to bring peace, harmony and reconciliation to all the families, especially those who are broken or suffering. Therefore by their presence, visiting and praying with them, encouraging and helping them, that they may find good solutions in their situation.
Who can be a full member of the CPS-Associates?
- The baptized; those professing the Catholic Faith and feel a deep desire to deepen their faith more and more in the Evangelical Spirit and CPS Spirituality.
- Those who are trying to grow in the Spirit of Prayer. Therefore their desire is to build the Community of Faith by helping each other.
- Those who have deep interest to grow as full members of the Catholic Church by their association with the CPS Congregation.
- Those who promote good relationship in parishes where they are by working actively in good harmony with all.
- The person who wants to be an associate can be one from the age of 18 years of age, single or married, widowed, a priest or a deacon.
- Those who wish to develop their talents for the good of others.
- Finally, the Associate is independent, not depending on the CPS Congregation.
Like our international Congregation the associate movement is all over the world. In the Mariannhill Province the Association was started as early as the 19th century by Abbot Francis Pfanner who called the “Franziner”. At present there are 10 full members and 5 with temporary promises. The majority are in the Umzimkhulu Diocese.